Our MissionAt the Zabrecky Institute of Biomedicine, state of the art diagnostics and treatments are our absolute standard, and prevention of disease is our ideal. Your current health status doesn't determine your future - it is only our starting point for you. The true art of healing at our institute comes from achieving homeostasis (balance) between our patients and their environments. We pride ourselves in making accurate diagnosis of the most difficult disease processes, a critical step in the healing process, and designing highly advanced, individualized, treatment protocols, that result in a patients' ability to harness his/her own inner healing power. Our role as practitioners is not just to consider the disease, but to view the mind, body, soul and intellect of the patient, in his world.
Most traditional practices focus on treating the patient's acute symptoms instead of understanding and targeting the root causes of the underlying disease process. Many of these processes are triggered by inflammation in various parts of the body.
The Institute's guiding principle is to identify those factors which create or contribute to the inflammation and mitigate and/or treat those factors to return the body to a balanced state of homeostasis.
Our patients bring a variety of difficult and unique conditions to the Zabrecky Institute of Biomedicine. Each is provided a customized and unique course of treatment using complementary therapies best suited to his or her condition. This course of treatment is based on a detailed evaluation which may include:
- Evaluation and consultation by our integrative medical team
- Evaluation of the body's current risk for disease
- Evaluation for interfering structural, biochemical and environmental factors
- Review of current treatments of any active disease processes
- Support for genetic weaknesses through prevention to help fortify and maintain the body's reserves
- Education aimed at adopting changes which will reverse the degenerative process
- Recommendations for treatment at the Institute and referrals to other physicians or health professionals for co-treatment as required.